Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mother Bear!!!

OK. This is not my normal blog style but I am so grumpy & I wonder if I am overreacting, or not, so I would love any comments! So Connor & Kennedy were walking home from school & a girl we know took some snow & shoved it down Connors shirt.He laughed (she did too) So Connor made a snowball & pegged her on her back. She was surprised & her brother said to Connor "Why did you hit my little sister!" ...Then the girl started crying & acting like a big victim!
When Connor came home from school he told me right away what happened & He was worried that he was going to be in trouble. I don't feel like he did anything wrong. I told him that he didn't, but maybe he needs to explain that he would never hurt any girl, but if she is willing play with the big boys, & dish it out, she better learn how to take it! Anyway, what do you think?
ROAR!!!

6 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Nice mother bear pic. Since I'm the poster mom for Mother Bear instances, I will comment. I can see why Conner thinks that he will be in trouble because it involves a girl...but if she started the snow stuff then I agree that she needs to take what comes.

You know, the real problem is which mother bear this little girl cub belongs to, though.

Hope it doesn't get too sticky ;)

Kim

Liz Kirkby said...

thx for getting me your blog :) you have ours? kirkbyfamily.blogspot.com just in case

we'll have you over officially some other time when bill can prepare himself emotionally for social interaction.

have a great week :)

Unknown said...

It's good that Kennedy was there to witness the occasion.

I'll be surprised if anything comes of it. Crying on demand?????

Keep us posted.

izziemakesthree said...

I do not think Conner is in the wrong here. It all sounded like fun till the brother came out and it turned to drama. I'm sure it will blow over. Conner did the right thing by walking away when the situation escalated, you should be proud. Your doing a great job.

Becky said...

I'm not even a mom and that makes me mad! Connor did the responsible thing by telling you right off. Good luck!

Karol said...

Con is my favorite -- he could do no wrong! I've got that same Mother Bear instinct -- it's in us all. :)

We miss you guys!


race map

race map
It was so beautiful!

here's the "Before"

here's the "Before"
Before...

pony tails, to be cut off

pony tails, to be cut off

too late to change your mind...

it's short!

it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!

darling!

darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said

happy st. pactricks day!

happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...

Cousin Brigham

Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!

Happy Birthday Claire!

swine flu virus

swine flu virus
GROSS!

This is what 9 looks like

This is what 9 looks like

How is that for a hairdo?

How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara

Let's go fly a kite!


Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!


Orcas Island from ferry

Orcas Island from ferry

Orcad Island ferry landing

Orcad Island ferry landing