Tuesday, February 9, 2010
911
So last week Claire had my phone & then she disappeared into her room for a while. I didn't think anything about it until the phone started ringing & Claire ran down the hall to me as fast as she could with the phone...so worried & insisting that she didn't know who it was on the phone. I answered & heard "this is the police, someone called 911 from this phone...is everything alright?" I looked at Claire & realized what she had done! I explained to the officer that my 5 year old had the phone & called 911. He must have heard her crying & saying she" will never call 911 again!" I fully expected them to still come out to our house to check stuff out, & I told Claire that if & when they come, she is going to have to tell the police what she did! I think she hid under her blankets for about 1/2 hour, and I had to teach her how 911 is a good thing & we should call it at the right time...like if the house is on fire, or mom tells you to or many other reasons...I think she understands, but today we were driving & she was on her "cell phone" & I overheard her talking in her "mom"voice."um,911? I have an emergency...(sigh)I have too many dishes..." I wish I hadn't started laughing because the conversation stopped! I would have loved to hear where the conversation was going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
race map
It was so beautiful!
here's the "Before"
Before...
pony tails, to be cut off
too late to change your mind...
it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!
darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said
happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...
Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!
Happy Birthday Claire!
swine flu virus
GROSS!
This is what 9 looks like
How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara
Happy New Year!!!










4 comments:
That made me laugh. Sorry, Claire. It IS an emergency to have too many dishes.
I've never known anyone personally whose child has called 911. This is a first!
oh! Kennedy called it twice!now Claire... Kennedy wondered if it would still call 911 if she called 911-xxxx....& yep! ti still calls 911!
Oh my! This is hilarious! I love the "too many dishes" part.
I think every family has to have at least one kid call. Luckily we've had our share. I'm kind of surprised they didn't come out, it probably would have been worse for sweet little Claire!
That is funny! It would have been interesting to see what turn that conversation would have taken. :c)
Post a Comment