Wednesday, June 25, 2008

We are getting the hang of things!

We have made it! It was a very long drive & I don't recomend it for everyone!, but I'm sure there were some memories made! (good & bad!)

On Sat. morning we headed down to the farmers market,& reserved our spot to watch the "Summer Solstice" parade! WOW! Was the interesting! Clayton was waiting for them to throw out candy, but as Eileen said "this is a bunch of nuts & berries group." We had a better chance of them throught out pot! I had Bill take some pictures, but I am not sure how to get them on the computer.

Sunday we went to grandpas house for a BBQ & we aere able to wash our clothes. It was a lot of fun to hang out with grandpa & the kids Love him!

Monday we headed for the beach & i found one in the "city" of Eastsound. It was low tide & we were able to walk across a sandbar onto another island. The kids found tidepools with a bunch of starfish! & tiny crabs everywhere! I think we found our favorite beach already & I'm sure we wil be spending a lot of time there!

The weather has been pretty cool (about 65) but today it should warm up to about 75!

If anyone wants to write to us you can @
Bill& Karen Dean
General Delivery
Eastsound, WA
98245-9999

We would love to hear from you!

& if anyone-(Heather) would send me a ward list that would be wonderful!!!
Until net library trip!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for bringing me up to date. I get so excited for you. I hope the kids are appreciating this fun summer. Love Mom

Taylor Family said...

Good Times!!! I can't wait to hear more about your long vacation. Thanks for the update. It sounds like an amazing place to be with the kids. Good luck with the "Nuts & Berries" group.

Heather said...

Karen- so glad things are going good! I'm jealous of the beach already. Enjoy it and know we miss you here! I'll send you the ward list (you mean e-mail right?) I'll mail you a copy in case that's what you wanted. Have Fun!

Katie said...

Hi Guys-

Sounds like a GREAT time! Thanks for keeping us posted. Let us know if you decide to turn "nuts and berries."

Hannah :] said...

Hey Deans you prob don't remember me but I am Hannah.. Jill's neice, how ya doin I have a blog too: www.chinchillaslife.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

How FUN! We are jealous!!!
Love you guys!


race map

race map
It was so beautiful!

here's the "Before"

here's the "Before"
Before...

pony tails, to be cut off

pony tails, to be cut off

too late to change your mind...

it's short!

it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!

darling!

darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said

happy st. pactricks day!

happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...

Cousin Brigham

Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!

Happy Birthday Claire!

swine flu virus

swine flu virus
GROSS!

This is what 9 looks like

This is what 9 looks like

How is that for a hairdo?

How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara

Let's go fly a kite!


Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!


Orcas Island from ferry

Orcas Island from ferry

Orcad Island ferry landing

Orcad Island ferry landing