Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Time!






Holy Cow! What have we been doing for the last month & a half? I have no idea! We feel like we went back to Washington for our summer, because it has been so cool & rainy! I love it, but it makes it not feel like summer is really here. But I think that will all change soon!
Connor's 6th grade class (along w/ another class) wrote, composed, made the costumes, and the backdrops... they did everything for their operas! Connor's class was about the Egyptians. & he was a "grave robber" He made his costume by himself & it was fun to see him participate & sing. (he wishes he didn't, but he still has a wonderful singing voice!) He also graduated from 6th grade, and is moving on to Jr.High.
Kennedy is so excited to move on to 4th grade! & she had a lot of fun with the 3rd grade singing in the patriotic program w/ Pony Express. She sang a "solo" part on the song American Tears. It is a great song & she did a fantastic job! We are all proud of her! They also got to sing @ Pony express days, with Sen. Bob Bennett. (It was a really good thing Bill stayed home...he had some things for me to say to him, but I decided it would be best not to say those kind of things @ a family thing!)
then came pony express days & the girls were in the parade. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them before the parade started, but they danced their little hearts out(hula) and had a great time throwing out candy to everyone! speaking of candy, Clayton got SO much of it! We sat in this great spot @ the beginning of the parade & Connor didn't want any candy, so Clay got it all! We ended up leaving the parade w/ balloons, otter pops, t shirts, and a garbage bag full of candy. It was a lot of fun! I has to hide the candy & now I think I lost it! Maybe we will find it in time to pass it out for Halloween?
I will try to stay updated!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I was going to say that Claire is getting so big, but really ALL of your babies are getting s big!

Karol said...

Love all the pictures - especially Claire chillin' w/ the pringles!! :) We need to plan something for the summer!


race map

race map
It was so beautiful!

here's the "Before"

here's the "Before"
Before...

pony tails, to be cut off

pony tails, to be cut off

too late to change your mind...

it's short!

it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!

darling!

darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said

happy st. pactricks day!

happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...

Cousin Brigham

Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!

Happy Birthday Claire!

swine flu virus

swine flu virus
GROSS!

This is what 9 looks like

This is what 9 looks like

How is that for a hairdo?

How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara

Let's go fly a kite!


Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!


Orcas Island from ferry

Orcas Island from ferry

Orcad Island ferry landing

Orcad Island ferry landing