Today is Connors birthday@ we started the day off with a little bit of rain & a 4th of July parade, on the 5th! This was a much more traditional parade, we even sang the National anthem,& we said the Pledge! (even the part "under God") They also had a little bit of candy! Grandpa came & we had a great time.
Bill is hanging out @ the Funhouse with the kids & we are meeting later for a birthday dinner for Connor later! Complete with Costco cheesecake! (Connors favorite!)
Yesterday we celebrated the 4th by going up to Mountain Lake, in Moran state park, and went out in the kyak( I know it is spelled wrong), the Grandpa built! The kids all loved it & I did too! I really need to learn how to get pictures on here! Tha lake was beautiful green/blue! & I think Claire loved the boat the most! I was surprised! She had no fear about tipping over & was so sad when we would bring her back into the dock! We had a rope tied onto it so we could bring the kids back!
After the lake & wonderful picnic we went home to rest, then off to fireworks @ Indian Island! We sat on the grass of Eastsound Park, and they launch the fireworks off of a small island! There were sailboats all around and a band playing! It was really cool! I could really get the hand of living here! Bill... not so much.
He can't stand all the hippies & "leftists" Oh well!
We have been here 2 weeks, and time is going too fast! We hope everyone is doing well & would love to hear from you! I just found out that my mom & dad are on there way up here! It will be great to see them!
Happy 4th of July (late) to everyone!!!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
race map
It was so beautiful!
here's the "Before"
Before...
pony tails, to be cut off
too late to change your mind...
it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!
darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said
happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...
Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!
Happy Birthday Claire!
swine flu virus
GROSS!
This is what 9 looks like
How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara
Happy New Year!!!










5 comments:
Karen- so glad you're having fun! I'm with Bill. Not so sure I could live with all the "green" people. I need to learn how to be more "green". Miss ya!
Happy Birthday Connor!
It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and how could you not with the beach all around you?!
We miss you all, but I can't say that EM can offer all the fun you are having... so keep it up, the summer is almost over!!
Love
Kim
Hi-
Dad and I just returned home this afternoon. (Welcome to the desert!). It still seems strange to look outside and not see the pine trees, etc. We really enjoyed our time on Orcas Island and even whale watching without the whales.
Thanks for a good time with your family.
Love Mom
Sounds like you guys are having soo much fun!! I'm glad Bill doesn't like all the crazies, so that means you'll be back, right?? We miss you and can't wait to play!
Are you learning to be "green"? Maybe you could teach a class at the church on how to be green! Or not...haha
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!
I know you miss your friends. They miss you, too. Think of all the great stories you will tell them when you get back!
Post a Comment