SO, almost a whole week ago...
Last Sunday we went over to San Juan Island to go to church. We had to get up @ about 5:00am, to be dressed & at the ferry landing by 7:00. Church started @ 9:oo, and the kids got to go to primary, & have the welcome song sung to them.(Kennedy & Clayton loved it, CLAIRE not so much) I ended up teaching sunbeams & Bill had an allergy attack! Connor got to enjoy his 1st young mens! There primary had a totla of 7 kids & 4 of them are the Primary Presidents own children. Church was interesting, then after we had a big pot luck lunch.
When we left church we headed out to Lime Kiln Point, where the National Whale Watching Park is. I have been there about 10 times & have never seen anything. (We went on my birthday & I had even said a prayer that "according to my faith" I would see a whale) Needless to say I saw nothing. Well, I thought "maybe...it's Sunday...We went to church....maybe" I asked the people at the lighthouse & they told me that they had passes by about 1 1/2 hours earlier & they might be back by, or thet will go around in their pattern that they do. I sat on the picnic table and stared out into the beautiful ocean! It really was nice just sitting there, then I satrted hearing my kids screaming that someone was in someones space, blah,blah! & we saw a bunch of boats stopped and in a semi circle.(a sure sign of whales!) but I didn't have any binoculars, & they were too far away. Everyone would say"Oh! I saw one! Did you see it?...." I don't know if anyone really did, so we took off. I was almost in tears(I was, but thanks to sunglasses, nobody saw me) We started leaving & out of our window we saw the boats again, & people standing on the side of the road. I told Bill to stop the car, I was getting out & I didn't care when he came back to get me!(the road is so narrow & there isn't anywhere to pull over) So I got out & Bill took off! I saw them! They were hard to see but I did see them! Then the boats started to move & I went to find Bill. Soon Bill came back & said"Kennedy saw them first! Then we all saw them up close! Right off the side of the side of the road!" We took off & they had moved on. again we went further dow the road & we saw them again! This time closer & it was AMAZING!!! It really was unbelivable! I didnt have my camera, but Bill took some pictures when I was off by myself! It sound silly, but it was a dream come true for me!
Connor finished his day camp, and we are starting to start thinking about comming home. We are leaving here on Aug 9 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BECKY!!!) & we are excited & sad to come home!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
race map
It was so beautiful!
here's the "Before"
Before...
pony tails, to be cut off
too late to change your mind...
it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!
darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said
happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...
Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!
Happy Birthday Claire!
swine flu virus
GROSS!
This is what 9 looks like
How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara
Happy New Year!!!










4 comments:
That sounds amazing!! It would be awesome to see whales. Were they bigger than you thought? WOW! I can't wait for you guys to come home!!
Hey Karen!! Ade told me you had a blog and so I just caught up on your AMAZING experience -- whale watching, sailing, gardens, beaches, 'nuts and berries', etc. etc. WOW! Fun to read, we hope all is well with you guys and we love you!!
You have to know that it all makes me jelous!!! Mostly because you saw whales in person!! Lucky girl!! ;) It's kindof like icing on the cake, right?!
Karen, you are sooooo funny! I love that you prayed you would see whales - and it worked!!! I bet it has been like living a dream up there. So cool!!! ~Kerrie
Very exciting!! What a great summer you've had!
Post a Comment