Bill took me to Victoria, Canada for my birthday! It was so beautiful! We took a 2 1/2 hr boat ride to get there & they were celebrating 150 years of "Beautiful British Columbia" so, there was a lot going on. Tons of street vendors, and fancy shops. It had been a long time for me to see a store like McDonalds, or Starbucks. We went to Buchard Gardens & saw the fireworks show! The gardens were amazing. We didn't plan enough time there, but we had a good time! The kids would have hated it! A lady took our picture, and she dropped my camera. Now I am trying to figure out what I am going to do, I need a camera.... The kids had a great time with Grandpa! He took them swimming @ a house that he does his island watch. They have a wonderful house & a great pool & hot tub! They had picnics & got ice cream. I don't think they missed us too bad!
We signed up Connor for camp Orcaila (a 2 week day camp) It is really cool & he is having a great time. He & Kennedy really miss their friends! I do too! We wish you could all come up here!
While we were in Canada, Kennedy slept over @ a "cousins" house, she had a fun time,but she got bitten by a Hobo, or Brown Recluse Spider! we noticed a blister on her foot and she said it hurt. She was also not feeling well. We had a magazine with symptoms of spider bites & we knew right away that was what it was. She told the dad @ the sleepover that something had hurt her & he put on a band aid & sent her on her way. Bill gave her a blessing & we took her to the doctor the next day. The Doctor said it was a spider bite & of the 50 patients she has seen for spider bites,,, she was the first! She told us to watch it & come back if it was getting bigger, or changed color. It is getting smaller every day & I think it was a great experience for Kennedy to get a blessing, and see that we are not in this life all by ourselves. & the Lord will help us even with a silly spider bite! (that could have been much worse!)
I am still trying to figure out the picture thing. but as my mom said" Pictures don't do justice!"










4 comments:
You stink so bad, I can smell you from here...you know I am just kidding, but I really am jealous you are spending your summer on Orcas. Why don't you send your private jet to pick us up? I hope you had a great birthday...it sounds like you did! Have FUN!
Sounds beautiful!! Much cooler than Vegas for sure. . . I'm glad to hear you are all having a wonderful time. We'll see you at the reunion!
I hope you can soon figure out how to do the pictures. I miss the scenery. Oh yes, I miss all you people too. I'm so glad we took the opportunity to visit up there. I'm glad Kennedy is doing better, and I'm glad that Connor is enjoying day camp. I wish I could go too.
Glad to hear you're having a great time...it sounds BEAUTIFUL! Glad, too, that Kennedy was able to et a blessing and that she's doing better.
Post a Comment