Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time to catch up!






Clayton has lost his first tooth! He had a few loose teeth & one has been hanging on for dear life! I have begged him to let me pull it out, but no way! Connor sat Clayton down & told him that his tooth needed to come out & if he pulled it out Clayton would just feel a quick tug & there might be a little blood, but then the tooth fairy would come & he could play Connor's Wii! That is what did it! Clayton has been grounded from the Wii for a while...so a few minutes later out they come with Clayton in shock & his first tooth in his hand! That night the tooth fairy came, and I went in his room to see what he got for his tooth & Clayton was in bed, very quiet! I asked him what the tooth fairy brought him & then came the tears! He explained that he "hates the tooth fairy! & that "she is so stupid!" I found out that she took his tooth & left him NOTHING in return. I assured him that she was nice & I know she left him something. we took his bed apart & found his dollar at the foot of his bed, under his blankets! He was then very excited & couldn't wait to tell his class. (they have a chart for all the kids who have lost teeth) Well, he had a sub that day & had to wait until the next day!

While Bill was working out of town, my Dad came by with a project for Connor. They spent the day building garden boxes for my garden! Grandpa had Connor build them & he showed Connor how to use the drill, & make sure they were square & in just the right spot! He even made little plaques for Connor to put on the boxes showing that he made them & when! It was very cool & I think they both enjoyed themselves! Connor was very excited to walk away from the project with his very own drill set as well! Thanks Grandpa!

now I need to get busy & plant something in my garden!

WAL*MART is open in Saratoga Springs! What a great thing to happen out here! We went to the grand opening party on Saturday & they had free face painting,(Clayton wanted nothing to do with that)Free Lego make & take,water bottles, drinks,balloons, & samples. Claire loved getting her face painted & asked all day if her makeup was "still the same" She thought she was going to wear it to church & was sad when I had to wash it off.

Today Bill's job wasn't ready for him yet so he & Claire went on a date! They look so cute. Thier plans are to go to Ikea & look for a bed for her! I wonder if they will come home with something?

2 comments:

Joe and Becky said...

Sounds like a lot is going on! I'm surprised Connor was so brave to pull Clayton's tooth! That's awesome! I think it's great you've planted trees for all your kids.

Joe and Becky said...

Also Joe thinks Connor's gun is cool.


race map

race map
It was so beautiful!

here's the "Before"

here's the "Before"
Before...

pony tails, to be cut off

pony tails, to be cut off

too late to change your mind...

it's short!

it's short!
now...we'll make it cute!

darling!

darling!
"she looks like a teenager" Clayton said

happy st. pactricks day!

happy st. pactricks day!
Claire loves to strike a pose...

Cousin Brigham

Cousin Brigham
Clayton, Claire & Kennedy loved to feed Brigham...good thing he was a good eater!

Happy Birthday Claire!

swine flu virus

swine flu virus
GROSS!

This is what 9 looks like

This is what 9 looks like

How is that for a hairdo?

How is that for a hairdo?
thanks Lara

Let's go fly a kite!


Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!


Orcas Island from ferry

Orcas Island from ferry

Orcad Island ferry landing

Orcad Island ferry landing